3.28.2005

// London to Dublin //


I’'ve been looking at the costs associated with taking a train and ferry from London to Dublin.

From what I’ve seen on the web, trains will cost between $80-$120 depending on which city we go out of and which class of ticket we purchase.

The ferry’s are going to be another £25.00 or more.

I think it actually might be best if we try to fly from London to Belfast. Easy Jet has 14 flights from the London Airports to Belfast on June 22. It also looks like Belfast might be the closest airport to Dublin. From what I can tell, the train ride from Belfast to Dublin is about 4 hours. I’m not sure how much the ride costs but I doesn’t look like you can even make a reservation more than two or three weeks out.

Here are some links:

Trains:
www.irishrail.ie
www.translink.co.uk

Ferries:
These are the lines that go from Liverpool or Holyhead to Dublin or Dun Laoghaire (very close to Dublin)

www.irishferries.com
www.stenaline.co.uk
www.norsemerchant.com
www.porishsea.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home